Saturday, February 8, 2014

Lapiz of Luxury

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is warm and cozy and sleeping in somewhere, being that it's the weekend. Unless of course, you have someone to make you pancakes. Pancakes for breakfast is a totally legitimate reason to be up early on a weekend. Now I'm just hungry.

Anyway, I decided to take a break from the Valentine's Day theme, and post something a little different for today.



This mani was not inspired by anything in particular, except perhaps my subconscious wish for it be spring already.


For my base, I used Essie's Lapiz of Luxury, a soft corn flower blue creme. For some reason, this color reminds me of the end of August, that period of time where the summer heat has finally died down and everything seems a lot calmer. Even though it's still warm out, you can go outside without being scorched. Around this time, you can appreciate the comfortable warmth, knowing the weather will start to change soon. Do you guys have any colors that remind you of anything?

When I originally purchased this, I had a bit of buyer's remorse. The first time I used it, the color looked more purple than blue, and purple is my least favorite color (my theory behind this being, that my parents always gave me grape Triaminic growing up lol). So I stashed the color away and buried it in my polish collection.

My sister took this picture because she thought the amount of polish I have is ridiculous, although I tried explaining this (between 200-250) is NOTHING compared to some bloggers (the most I have ever heard is 1400 in a single collection). And gasp, my collection is not as organized as most, though I do separate my glitters from my non-glitters. I think if I had more room/more polish I would organize things a little differently. But it just goes to show you, you can do a lot with a little bit of polish!

But moving on. When I sat down  to do my nails this week, I found  Lapiz of Luxury again and decided to give it another try. Surprisingly, with a little glitter and stamping, I found I really liked this polish. I paired it with Essie's Blue Rhapsody, a metallic light blue, which FYI, also makes a great stamping polish as you can see. Then I added some glitter topcoat and bam! What do you think of the final result?


Like what you see? Check out my other designs on pinterest!

Essie - Lapiz of Luxury (base)
Essie - Blue Rhapsody (stamping and ring finger)
Revlon - Stunning (glitter)
Moyou London Pro Collection 11 (XL) - Cherry Blossom Branches
Moyou London Pro Collection 11 (XL) - Lotus Flower
Konad Black


No comments:

Post a Comment